Thursday, March 23, 2006

Age Doesn't Matter Unless You're Wine or Cheese

Age Doesn’t Matter Unless You’re Wine or Cheese…..

Ah, yes, but there is definitely a certain amount of joy to be found in it regardless.  It all depends upon attitude and vision of self.  I definitely know what a wide range of joy there is to experience these days, and I’d like to share some of that with you.  

What’s the reason for this today?  Simple.  Tomorrow, 3/24, I am Celebrating my 50th birthday!  Yes, I said 50.  I’m happy about it, pretty near to ecstatic about it, and proud of it to boot.  It is a milestone in so many ways:  Middle age; I can join the AARP; I can join the Red Hat Ladies Society…  LOL!

There are definitely days when my body enjoys reminding me that I am 50, but that’s mostly when my Fibromyalgia decides to flare up, and that’s usually due to my trying to do all the things I used to do when I was a whole lot younger.  Key to dealing with that?  Adequate sleep, and a properly balanced diet.  Oh, and maybe easing up on trying to do everything all by myself (like moving furniture).   Attitude adjustment?  Definitely!  It’s okay to ask for help, even for stubborn Aries people like me.  

I believe that the main thing that is helping me stay young in spirit is love and joy, and looking for it and finding it in all its different aspects every day.   I know that there is really nothing I can’t do, as long as I believe that I can, and more importantly as long as what I do is for the right reasons.  

So, my joys?  My celebration of life is because of…

Love…
… of my fiancé and partner, Ron…. Thank you for sharing your love with me and believing in me and us…
…My Heart Sisters who are always with me in my heart and soul <and in my head too! LOL>  I am so very honored and grateful to be able to share this walk with you, and I love each of you so very much…
…My work, both mundane and spiritual, which allows me to help and guide other people to see…
… My Goddess and God, for being there for me when life was dark, and showing me the way to this path…

So tomorrow, I get to sleep in (no alarm clocks), I’m getting my ears pierced again, I get to spend the day with my Love, and then go out for dinner with some dear friends, and I might even get a bit of a hair cut… Oh, don’t worry, I’m not chopping it off, just revitalizing it a bit!  

My wish for all of you today… May you find joy in your lives.  It IS there, all you have to do is look for it and see what it really is.  

~Myriah



No comments: