Friday, January 06, 2012

Arrival

ar·ri·val [uh-rahy-vuhl] 

noun
1. an act of arriving;  a coming: His arrival was delayed by traffic.
2. the reaching or attainment of any object or condition: arrival at a peace treaty.
3. the person or thing that arrives  or has arrived: First arrivals will be the first seated.
Origin:  1350–1400; arrive  + -al2 ;  replacing Middle English arivaille  < Middle French



An interesting word, arrival.    Very pertinent for me in so many ways over the course of my life, a couple of which I will be writing about tonight.  But first...
   




I have arrived!     See how that works?     Okay, I'm being a little silly right now, no offense intended to anyone.   I am taking a leap into a more active blogging role, especially concerning my being a Pagan Witch.  Most of my writings here, until now, have been more "life in general" kinds of things.  I've done a few little bits here and there about this core part of my life, but haven't really focused on it all that much.  Now I am, because it matters to me.  And being able to be a part of the Pagan Blog Project will help me regain that focus.   If you want to read more on what PBP is about, go to www.onewitchsway.com/pbp2012.    I'm just going to write.....  So this is a new Arrival for me!  See?  




The letter for this week is "A".  It's supposed to be about something that's a part of Paganism and being Pagan.   My word "Arrival" isn't exactly Pagan, but it's an important aspect of my Pagan Path, so that's what I'm going with....




My first "official Arrival" as a Pagan Witch happened in 1999.  That was definitely a threshold year for me, one that I RAN to.  I think that, a lot of times, people see or feel thresholds coming toward them.  It's a moment when you know that what happens next is going to be a major turning point in your life.   How that all transpires and what the result is is totally dependent upon the individual's ability to step into and draw upon their own personal power.    Yes, there are times when it's totally unexpected, totally unprepared for, but I feel that those times are really actually quite rare.   Because Hindsight is 20/20.   And the sign posts were and are there.   How many times have you looked back at something that has happened, and smacked yourself on the forehead, saying "Oh, how did I miss seeing that coming??"   Probably because the choice was made to ignore that particular signpost.   Anyway, back to my "Arrival"....




I was living in an abusive relationship up to 1999.   In mid 1998, I was home alone, he was gone for the day, the kids were at school.  It was just me and the fur-kids.  Who were all asleep around the house.  I was standing in the living room, looking out the window at a beautiful sunny day, when out of nowhere I felt an intense cold envelope me.  And the realization that I was going to die in that house hit me, hard.   I couldn't move, couldn't breathe, but tears were pouring down my face.  Then I started shaking.   I couldn't stop.  It seemed like it lasted for hours, but it was really only a few minutes.   Then I felt a Presence walk into the room and come to stand next to me.   I say "Presence" because there was no human body there.  It was pure energy.    And It spoke to me, maybe just in my head, but I heard it as if someone was standing right at my side.   While It was speaking, I felt as if strong arms wrapped around me, many of them, surrounding me in warmth.   And the Voice said, "No, you are not going to die here.  We have plans for you.  We are protecting you.  You will get out of here alive and well.  It might take a little time, but you will get out and move on.  Be patient.  Be strong.  Know that we are with you."   Okay, I said back, I believe you.  What am I supposed to do?    The Voice answered....   (you know when you're talking to someone on the phone, and you can hear that they're smiling, maybe even trying not to laugh?  Yeah, that almost "smirky smile" thing?  Well, They had that...)  "Go buy a book".    Huh?  What?!?  Go buy a book?  What book??    "You'll know when you get there".      I started looking around the house for a hidden microphone or something.    They wrapped their arms around me again, gave me a big hug, and they were gone.    But from that day until the day I actually moved out of that house, despite all the crap that happened, I felt that they were there, watching, supporting me, so I got through the days.  Some of which were really, really bad.   




So I went to work the next day, as usual.  I was working at an area mall, which happened to have a Barnes & Noble Booksellers in it.  On my break, I went in.  As I stepped inside the doors, I asked myself, okay, what book?   I heard, "Keep walking"  in my head.   "Over there",  "turn left here", "a little further", and then "stop".   When I stopped, I was standing in front of the shelves in the Metaphysical Section.    Yeah, I know, Duh!   I repeated, Okay, which book?   No answer.  So I figured the best thing would be to just start looking at the titles on the spines to see if anything jumped out at me.   Funny phrase, that.  Because that is exactly what it did.  A couple of the books had been sticking out in front of the others, but no bells went off.   I had looked at the spine of every single book on the first set of four foot wide shelves, and nothing, so I'd moved on to the next set.  I was standing in the middle of the width of the second set, when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, and looked just in time to see a small book fly off the shelf and land on my foot!   It had come from the middle of the width of the first set, four feet away!!!   I looked around, there was no one else in that section of the store.  I even checked around the corners into other aisles.  Nobody.   I picked the book up.  It was DJ Conway's Celtic Magic.   And it went home with me.    It was my Arrival book, the one that put the right words to the things I had felt and believed in for pretty much most of my life.    I knew this was a threshold, and I couldn't wait to be able to cross it. 




Cross it, I did.  Almost a whole year later I was able to get out of that relationship, out of that house.  I made another Arrival, into Freedom.   I had my own home now, I had my fur-kids with me, and I set to work on healing myself and taking back my personal power, which took a while.   And the minute I had my computer set up with an actual Internet Connection (which took a little while, money, you know?), I was reading and researching and learning about this thing called Paganism.   And that were a whole lot of other people out there that felt and believed the same things I did!  And a whole lot of them were local to me!!!!!   Yes, I was really excited, can't you tell??   :-)    I jumped in head first and with both feet!    Well, I have a habit of doing that, if it's something I'm really interested in, or really believe in.  I'm an Aries.  Explains a lot, doesn't it?    I've learned to temper that as I've gotten older (sort of... okay, a very small bit).  




Anyway, I went to a gathering at the home of one of the people I'd connected with on-line.   I met a great bunch of people there, and as the evening progressed, and we talked about "things Pagan", I knew I'd found what I'd been looking for.  I'd Arrived!  Another threshold, another major turning point.   A really good one.   Hearing and feeling that "click" when you know it's right, when a major piece of the puzzle snaps into place.    The road leading up to it was difficult at times, but I had been given a glimpse of what was ahead, so I didn't hesitate.  It's been worth it.  So here's to another threshold, this new Arrival.  Let's see where this part of the journey leads....




Namaste',
Myriah

9 comments:

Sherry )O( AutumnTurtle said...

Arrival is perfect!

Blessed Be!
Sherry

DrFeather said...

Nameste Dear One

Siorghra721 said...

You arena inspiration! Blessed Be! Ready this, I felt a real connection to you. I'm so happy you shared your arrival story!

Julie (Calenth Brynaama Dragonsprite) said...

What a wonderful post - I could feel your energy move in those words.

Lynnie said...

Be blessed and welcome, lovely!

Lynnie said...

Be blessed and hello there stranger!
:)

Michele Griffin said...

inspiring. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us. I know how hard that can be for survivors.

The Faery Enchantress said...

Love this blog x

Dorothy L. Abrams said...

So glad you did that!