Sunday, July 03, 2011

What's in a Name?

What's in a Name?  Quite a bit, actually.  It's a brief synopsis, a snapshot, of what something is, whether it be a written article, an event, a book, a picture... I think you get the idea. 

In this case, it's the name of an event, and my brain just can't find the right one this time. 

So I'm looking for some help! 

RPPD is hosting The Dragon Ritual Drummers on August 13 for a special fundraising concert.  Two hour live concert with interactive Ritual built in.  It's also more than that (hopefully). 

The idea is to have this be a sort of "mini Brushwood-type" thing (since I and some of my friends can't go to Brushwood this year).  Over-night camping, bonfire, drumming, etc.  With vendors and food.  With a couple of workshops.  One of which I'd like to be building drums (with Stan The Drum Man from Build A Drum Bonnaroo, if I could get in touch with him and he's available!).  And Intro to Drumming.  And some other entertainment as well. 

DRD is currently celebrating the release of their new CD "Temple of The Drum".  

One of my ideas for a name for this event was "It's all about the Drums".  But that's not quite right either.  I'd love to "steal" DRD's CD title, but that's got copyrights attached. 

See where I'm at? 

So now I ask for your help!

Give me some ideas here, people! 

What's that you're saying?  What's the incentive to help?  How about two free tickets to the concert/weekend?  Okay, AND a free copy of DRD's new CD.  Okay?  Okay! 

Time frame for "Name" submissions is 7/3 to 7/6.  (Gotta get flyers made up and printed out by Friday!)

One last thing.... Thank you!!!

2 comments:

Dorothy L. Abrams said...

I'm thinking....Link this to Facebook and Twitter if you haven't already. LOL

Bronson Hill Arts said...

Let's see:

Night of the Drum(mers)

Celebration of the Drums

Joys of the Rhythm

Or any combination thereof.

Hope it helps, sweetie! Unfortunately, I'll be out of town that weekend, so if you want, please pass things along! Hugs!

-Barb